Housing Authorities

Massey, Stotser & Nichols has been representing housing authorities in the State of Alabama for more than 15 years. We are experienced with both the corporate issues surround the housing authority board of commissioners or directors as well as the landlord-tenant aspect. Our firm has vast experience in providing legal representation to public housing authorities and boards of commissioners due to our past and continuing representation of the Jefferson County Housing Authority, the Leeds Housing Authority, Bessemer Housing Authority, Fairfield Housing Authority and Tarrant Housing Authority.

Massey Stotser & Nichols, PC has vast experience in representing Housing Authorities in many different capacities. As Board attorneys, Massey, Stotser & Nichols assists the governing body of the Authority in all corporate-related matters. We handle the employment matters, contractual issues, HUD-related matters and Fedaral Regulations relative to Housing Authorities. We also handle all tenant related matters including lease review and drafting as well as evictions when necessary. Over the last few years, HUD has rolled out a new program called RAD – Rental Assistance Demonstration. We have assisted numerous Housing Authorities to maneuver through the RAD process and all the real estate and financial issues related thereto.

Our experience includes advising the Board of Commissioners and the Executive Director in legal matters and attending Board meetings, the handling of evictions, the collection of delinquent tenant accounts, compliance by the housing authority with State and Federal law, handling personnel issues of the housing authority, advising on real estate issues related to the housing authority and representing housing authorities before governing bodies.

Our Firm has many years of experience in representing the particular needs of housing authorities and the interrelated functions with the Department of Housing & Urban Development, government grant programs, Inspector General audits, OSHA compliance and investigations, compliance with State and Federal regulations relative to program administration and others.

Do You Need Help With

Housing Authorities